Quick question for you…
Do you feel completely prepared based on the training you have received?
Most new radiologists report inadequate breast imaging training, yet the majority of these same radiologists are asked to interpret mammograms in their day-to-day jobs. If you feel you have room for improvement, then today is the day.
Does Any of This Sound Familiar?
- Freshly trained radiologist, just starting out, suddenly realizes their Breast Imaging training was woefully inadequate.
"I know the terminology but never really learned how to put it all together."
- Board certified radiologist who joins a new practice and is now being asked to read mammograms for the first time in years.
"There is just not enough time"
- Starting a Breast Fellowship and can't afford to waste time.
"I can't keep up with the volume..."
- Breast cancer specialist who is tired of trying to interpret low, quality non-helpful radiology reports.
"Constantly stressed & overwhelmed"
- Breast surgeon who wants to better understand mammo & breast ultrasound.
"Breast imaging is just an afterthought in my practice."
- Breast biopsies = no problem... until the elderly, wheelchair bound, female with implants and subtle architectural distortion shows up
"What if I miss a cancer and get sued?"
- Radiology reports filled with fancy, fluff words and vague recommendations to cover up the lack of confidence of the radiologist
Did you raise your hand for any (or all) of the above?
If so, that's good. You are in the right place.
Take a moment and imagine a world
where you could...
"True wisdom is knowing what you don't know" Confucius
It's not your fault. Breast Imaging training is broken. Maybe you have tried one of these:
- Big Textbooks - cumbersome, usually outdated & oh, by the way, who has time to read several 400+ page books
- Board Review books - great for memorizing frequently tested cases, you may pass the test but when you get to your daily practice you are in trouble
- Lectures - random topics, often biased or focused on some obscure research interest of the speaker, no organized system
- Dr Google - a good way to learn more about rare cases or to quickly check something, but it's a pretty fragmented way to practice radiology
- Academic Journals - sure, go ahead and sift through hundreds of obscure, resume boosting, non-practical b.s. articles to find the few pearls of relevant wisdom
What If There Was A Better Way?
I want to introduce you to my secret weapon, the Master Breast Imaging training program. The only complete, proven step-by-step system for interpreting and performing all aspects of breast imaging.
You see when I was training, I had to learn the hard way. I couldn't find the most basic info I needed. All I wanted was a simple checklist approach to looking at a mammogram.
I asked around, I scoured the internet, the library, textbooks and went to lectures locally and nationally. I asked my attendings... and everyone just said "you just have to look at a lot of mammograms."
Uh, not helpful. If I am not looking at them in a consistent, reproducible way then what is the point. I wasted so many hours, so much money and still had to figure it out.
Along the way, what I learned was that the exact order of the steps didn't matter as much as having a proven, easily repeatable system to look at a mammogram. And then do it the same way every-time.
So, I set out to create a similar system for all aspects of breast imaging. Once you have an approach and know a few basic principles, you can handle any scenario that may arise.
Introducing Master Breast Imaging
A few basic fundamentals, presented in an organized manner (that makes practical sense) and a way to practice and soon anyone can become a great breast imager. That is our goal with this course. But it is not really a course, it is the most complete, online training system available. From A - Z, all aspects of breast imaging are covered. Check it out and see what you think.
What's Included in the Training Program?
"I just finished your course and it's awesome. I find myself rewatching your videos often for reference as a resident."
- Allen Li D.O., Radioloy PGY-4, Michigan State University
StartBasics of Mammography - Introduction (11:32)
StartBasics of Mammography - Screening (35:58)
StartHigh Quality Mammography - Requirements (16:25)
StartHigh Quality Mammography - Views (16:00)
StartHigh Quality Mammography - Artifacts & Overlap (8:29)
StartMammogram Interpretation - What to Say (20:22)
StartMammogram Interpretation - Breast Density (11:20)
StartMammogram Interpretation - How to Read (21:29)
StartIntro to Tomosynthesis - Background (6:23)
StartIntro to Tomosynthesis - How It Works (6:13)
StartTomosynthesis Interpretation - How to Read (14:28)
StartTomosynthesis Interpretation - Synthetic Mammography (18:53)
StartTomosynthesis Interpretation - Artifacts (8:00)
StartTomosynthesis Benefits - Screening (18:03)
StartTomosynthesis Benefits - Diagnostic (19:27)
StartStandard Workups (23:00)
StartTomosynthesis in Practice (18:02)
"I took the course and it was really helpful! I'm a radiologist from Colombia with special interest in breast imaging. I really want to be a good doctor in this area for women in my country."
- Anita Hego, Radiologist, Colombia
Wade Hedegard M.D. is a breast imaging radiologist with a special interest in finding ways to improve education. He works at one of the busiest breast imaging practices in the U.S. (www.ewbc.com) He has lectured at national meetings and at CME courses around the country. He feels weird writing about himself in the third person and will stop now.
During my training I was shocked by the lack of resources available. I poured over dozens of big textbooks and case review books as well as hundreds of journal articles, yet still was unable to quickly and easily answer simple real-world questions. Things like "how do you work up an asymmetry?" or "what are the exact steps to performing a stereotactic biopsy?" I knew there must be a better way.
In radiology, a picture is worth a thousand words and I have discovered that step-by-step video guides are the ultimate way to master any subject. Learning does not have to be so hard!
Frequently Asked Questions
IT'S TIME TO JUMP START YOUR CAREER.
If you want to truly learn breast imaging, then Master Breast Imaging is the complete, step-by-step training system, you need to make it happen fast.